Acella Construction managed historic renovation and addition:
- 30,000 s/f addition to historic circa-1847 landmark church, located near downtown Hingham. The $3 m renovation carefully balanced the need to repair the building’s aging infrastructure, while respecting and preserving the house of worship.
- The Hale Fellowship Hall and renovated kitchen created an expanded, welcoming space for social events. Additional upgrades included classrooms, vestry, meeting and outreach spaces.
- The Church’s front door entrance was made accessible for visitors of all physical abilities with the addition of an exterior ramp. A new elevator for access to the sanctuary was also added. A new outdoor stone patio and children’s play area off the vestry was added to maximize and facilitate the use of outdoor space.